September 12, 2012 (Arlington, Va.) The Awards for Composites Excellence (ACE) is the composites industry’s most prestigious competition, recognizing outstanding achievement and innovation in technology, manufacturing and product development. The American Composites Manufacturing Association (ACMA), host of the ACE Awards, is soliciting submission now through November 30, 2012. These innovative products and processes will be showcased during COMPOSITES 2013, THE premier exhibition and convention, produced by ACMA, to be held in Orlando, Fla., January 29-31, 2013. The ACE Award winners will be announced at COMPOSITES 2013 during the Awards Luncheon, Wednesday, January 30, 2013.
“ACE awards winners represent the most creative and innovative products and processes in the composites industry,” says ACMA President Lori Luchak of Miles Fiberglass & Composites. “The awards recognize superiority in engineering and design as well as improvements and innovation in equipment and manufacturing. The products, equipment and processes that receive this distinguished recognition have significant impact within the market as well as a proven understanding of composites.”
The ACE competition is divided into three categories: design, manufacturing and market growth. In addition to a Best in Show award, two awards are presented in each category, ranging from the Innovation in Green Technology Award for design to the Infinite Possibility Award for market growth. All categories are open to manufacturers, while academia, equipment suppliers, software developers and end-users can submit entries to specific categories.
2012 ACE Award Winners
Best in Show
- R5ca High Performance Carbon Bicycle Frame, Cervelo Cycles Inc.
- Best Creative Application: “Cascade” Bus Stop Shelters, Entech Creative and Walt Geiger Studios
- Innovation in Green Composites: Ultra-light Super-green Composite Furniture, Nomad Mobili
- Equipment and Tooling Innovation: Beloitti’s CNC “UVF” Universal Vacuum Fixture, Styles Machinery
- Material and Process Innovation: Longboard Skateboard – closed mold training program, Fiberglass Supply
- Composites Sustainability: e2e Materials Transform Worksurface, e2e Materials, Inc.
- Infinite Possibility for Market Growth: Trane Hyperion Air Handler SMC Panels, Continental Structural Plastics
Backed by more than three decades of experience and a proven track record of delivering for attendees and exhibitors, COMPOSITES is the premier event of its kind in North America, attracting participants from more than 650 companies in 40 countries.
For more information including instructions on how to submit, visit: https://www.compositesshow.org/2013/awards.cfm