The winner of CAMX’s first-ever xC Startup Award honoring innovation and market potential will be announced in the event’s Innovation Park Presentation Theater on Wednesday, Sept. 13 at 1 p.m. EST.
August 30, 2017 (Orlando, Fla.) – The fourth annual Composites and Advanced Materials Expo(CAMX) – taking place in Orlando, Fla. from September 11-14, 2017 – will feature the show’s first ever xC Startup Award, sponsored by xC Consultants GmbH. The company, which has a history of uniting startup companies from all over the world, is hosting the award in partnership with the Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE).
The competition is focused on innovation, the value created by the use of composite materials in the innovation, the role of the partners in the development phase, the benefits for the end-users and market potential of the innovation. The three best-ranked teams can win up to a total of $10,000 prize money.
The finalists are:
- 3DFortify – A designer and manufacturer of custom, reinforced, and affordable composite materials and products using its patented magnetic 3-D printing technology.
- Candela Speed Boat AB – A designer and developer of an all-electric hydrofoil speed boat made with composites and advanced materials.
- Carbon Truck & Trailer GmbH – An engineering company focused on the development and economical serial production of load-bearing components made of CFRP for light commercial vehicles.
- Cevotec GmbH – A manufacturer of fiber patch production systems for complex fiber composites.
- iNDTact GmbH – A developer of sensor technologies with focus on components made from fiber composites and condition monitoring in mechanical engineering.
- MultiMechanics – A developer of virtual testing software designed to help companies reduce physical prototyping and testing.
- Vartega – A leader in the recycling of advanced materials – specifically carbon fiber – used in the aerospace, automotive, wind energy, and sporting goods industries.
On September 12, all the startups will pitch their innovation in front of a jury of experts who will award three champions. These sessions are also open to all CAMX attendees. The winners will be announced on September 13 in the Innovation Park Presentation Theater.
The judges for the competition are:
- Alexander Mager – CEO, Ludwig Bölkow Campus, Taufkirchen, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Drechsler – Member of the Supervisory Board, MAI Carbon, Munich, Germany
- Dr. Christian Suttner – CEO, Starburst Accelerator, Munich, Germany
- Dr. Thomas Staffenberger – Head of R&D, KDX R&D Center, Weyarn, Germany
- Dr. Scott W. Beckwith – SAMPE Journal Technical Editor and Technical Director
For more information, visit http://www.thecamx.org/xc-start-up-award/.