Mission and Values
ACMA proactively provides education, advocacy and representation, industry expertise and competence to our members, our industry and other markets—expanding our reach to others who would benefit from composites.
ACMA enables the delivery of leading composite material solutions for the growth of all industry segments through:
- Expert advocacy and strategic communications
- Insight, education, networking, and workforce development
- Technical expertise and standards development
To make composites the sustainable material of preference.
ACMA strives to be the voice and protector for the composites industry and the essential driver of growth, providing an open forum for information exchange, discussion and collaboration that benefits us all.
- Shared Voice – ACMA convenes the industry and is the trusted voice to advance a strong collaborative composites industry with respected policy experts, industry leaders and advocates, with industry leading data.
- Science – Our leadership of the industry is predicated on the foundation of strong science ensuring that composite technology is always viewed as an innovative, reliable, responsible, and sustainable industry.
- Standards – Incorporating composites into the work of established standard developing organizations will ensure a regulatory framework that supports the composites industry to deliver the materials solutions that enable our growth.
- Support – Our teams are committed to provide the range of activities to support the growth of our industry through education, representation, events, and public affairs.
- Service – An association is nothing without our members and we will provide a superior level of service.
As a member-driven association, ACMA helps members prosper through:
1. Education & information
ACMA provides educational resources and access to market intelligence for more informed decision-making and planning.
- We give members access to educational tools including webinars, papers written by industry experts and information on business-related topics.
- Our certification programs educate employees on technical subject areas, so they can add value to the organization.
- We deliver market intelligence and industry experts and thought leaders in our publications and newsletters.
2. Regulatory & Legislative Affairs
ACMA delivers insights that influence advocacy and regulation and guide the direction of the industry.
- We listen to our members and others in our industry in order to determine advocacy that will increase business opportunities, open new markets and strengthen the composites industry.
- We represent the interests of the composites industry on Capitol Hill, meeting with policy makers, lawmakers and legislators.
- We work with Congress and Federal and State agencies to develop and implement legislation, regulation, and other policies that promote a positive business environment for the composites industry and open new markets for composite products.
3. Market Growth & Development
ACMA promotes innovation, and cultivates new markets and new opportunities for the composites industry.
- We help members and others to prosper by facilitating new business opportunities, suggesting potential partnerships and making introductions to potential customers.
- We maintain a sustainable marketing platform to target end-users to introduce and inform them on composites products.
- Our CGI Committees focus on strengthening different aspects of our industry, opening new doors to growth and development.