Each year, ACMA recognizes outstanding members for their dedication and hard work in the development and growth of critical markets, advocacy on behalf of the composites industry and their efforts to help others in our industry to prosper.
ACMA accepts nominations for each of these awards on a rolling basis, and honors the winners at the annual ACMA Membership Awards Ceremony and Reception.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The ACMA Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes a business owner who has been in the composites industry for at least 20 years and, through their involvement, has made a significant and lasting contribution to the industry.
The 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award recipient is Bob Long, Former CEO/Owner of Marine Concepts.
- Exemplary contribution to legislative and/or regulatory affairs of significant long-term consequence to the industry
- Invention of a process or product that has significant long-term importance
- A very successful business career in which measurable contributions have been made to industry, government, employees or the community
- Leadership throughout his/her career to the industry’s trade associations where lasting contributions were made, including SPI, SIRC, NMMA, ACMA, etc.
- Sitting members of the ACMA Board are not eligible for consideration of this award.
Hall of Fame Award
The ACMA Hall of Fame Award recognizes a member who has attained distinction among his or her peers through their efforts, involvement and accomplishments in the composites industry and its associations.
The 2017 Hall of Fame recipient is Robert Haberlein, Owner of Engineering Environmental.
- Contribution to legislative and/or regulatory affairs of significant long-term consequence to the industry
- Invention of a process or product which has commercial value to the composites or cast polymer industry
- A successful business career in which notable contributions have been made to the composites industry
- Active, extensive participation in the industry’s trade associations with significant contributions, including SPI, SIRC, ACMA, etc.
- Academic contribution which has resulted in a noteworthy impact on the composites industry
- Previous recipients of the SPI Clare E. Bacon Award are eligible
- Sitting members of the ACMA Board are not eligible for induction into the Hall
Outstanding Volunteer Award
ACMA's Outstanding Volunteer Award is given to a member who has contributed significant volunteer time and effort to achieve positive results on behalf of the industry through service to ACMA.
The 2017 Outstanding Volunteer Award recipient is Robert Steffen, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Western Carolina University.
The Chairman’s Award is given at the request of ACMA’s Chairman of the Board to an individual that the Board Chair feels has exhibited exemplary leadership and commitment to ACMA during the Chair’s tenure.
The 2017 Chairman's Award recipient is Kim Howard, Vice President of Business Integration of Owens Corning.